I'm super excited to be reporting from Washington D.C. today. I took the early train yesterday so I could do my bridesmaid duties for my dear friend Nan. YAWN.
I don't know about you, fellow beauty junkies, but I am really challenged when it comes to picking out what to bring on my trips. But after accessing what I would need for the DC humidity here's what is in my bag:
Created with flickr slideshow.
1. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Dryer– The ionic emissions help speed up dry time, and eliminates frizz.
2. Skyn Iceland Arctic Face Mist– Good for moisture, refreshing, and destressing.
3. Pür 4-in-1 Mineral pressed powder– Quick foundation, and perfect for touch-ups.
4. Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Ylang-Ylang + Calendula– I've wanted to test this for months, risky but I'll let you know how it goes ;).
5. Sun Bum Cool Down– The perfect companion to sunscreen. Plus, bonus points for amazing tropical fragrance. I threw this in just in case we find time for a few moments by the hotel pool. (Saver tip: Maximize by picking up a Sunbum Daytripper set which also includes water-resistant SPF 30 lotion and lip balm.)
6. Davines Absolute Beautifying Potion– This another new one for me. Looking forward to see how it holds up to the humidity down here.
7. Eyeko Sport Mascara– Waterproof must have. Lasts for days. Always needs to be packed with a heavy duty eye makeup remover.
8. Mally High Shine Liquid Lipstick in Fuzzy Navel– All time favorite, nudie, shiney, lip stuff.
9. "The Selfie" remote switch– For obvious reasons! You can take selfies from up to 5ft away, no software or aps needed. Just plug into head phone jack and go.
10. Scünci Bun Wraps– Buns are the new pony tail.
11. Kenig + Alcone accessory box with No-Crease Bows and rubberize grip clips– I'm a sucker for a great tin box, and these are makeup and hair styling essentials.
I think I have everything I need here to get my fireworks on.
Happy Fourth of July my friends!