Judged by the Bumbys | Guess 30 Sexy Years! Cohosted by Marie Claire

Red hot and bejeweled lip appliques, courtesy of Violent Lips.

Retro-post alert. Sometime between Jr.High and High School, I fell in love with Guess. Later I realized that it was not really Guess that I was in love with, but Ellen Von Unwerth's now iconic 1989 B&W image of a young bustier clad Claudia Schiffer, who reminded me of Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield-- curvy, glamorous, Hollywood bombshells that I daydreamed about growing up to be.

Well, I'll never be blond (at least I don't think I so), and I really look forward to life past 36, or whatever age neither survived to see. But I still love the unadulterated glamour and femininity that they represent. When I popped into a cab in the early spring and caught a glimpse of Claudia reprising her role as the Guess girl, I have to say it gave me a little thrill. 

I'm also loving that they brought back the little ruched polka dot dress, and the sleeveless gingham tie front button-up in their 30 year anniversary collection.

Here are some of my favorite moments at Guess's little 30th Anniversary celebration.

I circled past the Bumbys a few times before I got up the courage to que up to be  judged.
Red candy bar, manned by a red headed model. Cute.
Me and Miss Megan Duffy.
Mini cupcakes. I can never resist snapping a photo of them.
I think I have a pair of these. 
NYX was offering makeovers. 
Finally got up the courage to get in line.
Gill liked me. I think.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts