Lanvin hearts H and M

A combination of insomnia and a prior engagement stopped moi from clamouring with the mass of fashion collectors today at the open of H&M's much awaited Lanvin capsule collection. But like every dutiful Fashionista, I did still manage to make my way down to pay homage to one of the greatest fashion houses of all history.

On a side note, it was also probably wise for me to steer clear, because, while the average $200 pricetag for one of Albert Ebaz's designs is a bargin basement price, that's $200 that should be reserved for rent in my universe. (This way I could still safely report with out killing my wallet as sizing was limited.)

At 3pm all of the accessories were wiped out at both 34th street locations, however there was still a fair number of dress and overcoat specimens for me to examine.

All of the dresses-- the "illusion" dresses, the drop waist ruffle dress, and both the skirts-- the ruffle mini, tiered all over lace, were immaculately constructed and probably worth every penny of their $200+, $100+(respectively) price tags. The Zebra jacquard overcoat was lovely as well, I saw a number of ladies running toward the cash register with the last ones in tow. In fact, the only big disappointment was the $349 deconstructed coat, all of the samples I peeped were showing signs of serious disintegration-- probably due to having had to live through a fierce ravaging earlier in the day. Not good, even for a purposefully deconstructed piece.

Unfortunately, the limited sizing did not allow for any further insight to fit-- which my wallet is perfectly happy to report ;).

1 comments:

  1. Excellent report, candifiend. Thanks for keeping us in style and in-the-know. Wish they'd open up an H&M here already.

    ReplyDelete

 

Popular Posts